free website stats program Alarm on battery removal or 50 amp fuse removal | Harley Davidson Forums

Alarm on battery removal or 50 amp fuse removal

Gert G.

When I install lights/electronics, one of the first things it says to do is remove the 50 amp fuse, but as soon as I do, my alarm siren goes off. If I unplug the siren, the same thing happens, I am assuming if I disconnect the battery, the same will happen. This happens even if I have the FOB with the bike. Any ideas on how to keep the alarm from waking up the neighbors every time I install lights? I searched already and could not find anything on this topic, so I apologize ahead of time if I missed it. What if I remove the fuse when the ingition is in run position before the alarm activates? Could I damage something if I pull the fuse then?

Google it, put in "how do I disarm my alarm on my Harley-Davidson motorcycle".. There are several youtube videos on it.

Upon further experimentation, disarming the alarm does not work since I already have the FOB with me so it disarms when I turn the ignition on. Even when I deactivate it moving the FOB away, I am in the same boat, and the system arms with or without the FOB present when I turn the ignition off. Putting it in transport mode does not work. What DOES work is putting it in ignition position, unplugging the siren, then turning the bike off and THEN pulling the fuse. It seems the system doesn't want to arm with the siren disconnected,even if it does alarm, flashing hazards are so much better than a screeching alarm. Pulling the fuse when the bike is in ignition position works, but I am afraid I may damage something by pulling the fuse with everything turned on. Any other ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

Back