free website stats program Alarm installation problems. | Harley Davidson Forums

Alarm installation problems.

Shawrco

gs34 is correct here. Only the delaer can do it.

Here's my situation - I purchased the security system and two fobs off ebay, seller stated the system was taken off new bike and replaced with non-security TSM. He said the fobs had been married to the system on the bike it came off of.

I installed components per instructions and went through the manual procedure found on this forum to "mate" the TSSM to the ECM. Bike runs but was under the impression I would have to take the bike to the dealer to re-code the fobs to MY bike. This morning when I pushed the bike out of the garage to ride to work it wouldn't start. The turn signals were flashing like they will do when you disturb or move it with security activated. Since I haven't been to the dealer yet to get the fobs re-done I had left them on the bench. When I went over and got one of the fobs and got back on the bike it started up, but the red security light stayed on constantly.

I don't think the security indicator light should be on all the time when the engine is running. Does this mean I STILL need to get the fobs re-coded, then the light will be off when running? Or, does this mean that since the bike wouldn't run without the fob near by that the previous programming to the TSSM is good for MY bike also? Or it could be a DTC that hasn't been cleared (I didn't find info on how to do that until today). The light flashes normally when the Run and Ingition switches are off (security activated mode).

Thanks in advance.

Re: Marrying New TSSM To Bike

Or it could be a DTC that hasn't been cleared (I didn't find info on how to do that until today).

I would first look at the error log for DTC's and see what the light is trying to tell you. Then proceed from that point.

Re: Marrying New TSSM To Bike

I would first look at the error log for DTC's and see what the light is trying to tell you. Then proceed from that point.

Not sure if I should keep this dialogue going on a sticky or not, but here's the latest:

I have a DTC of B1153 which is Bank Angle Sensor (BAS) High. It comes right back each time I clear it. Calls out P/N 68924-07 which is correct P/N for the TSSM in '07-'10 kit for FL Touring models. I wonder if the TSSM was originally installed in a Trike or sidecar configuration?

Owner's manual says if light stays on see dealer service department.

I was able to reset the PIN, so I guess my fobs are indeed married to bike and working correctly from the prior "mating". I guess I'll ask the service guys about it tomorrow when we meet at dealer for the HOG chapter ride.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions that may come forth.

Just for the heck of it I would check to see if the BAS is responding at all and if its logic is really stuck High.

Set the alarm and move the FOB's to another room. Pull the bike up off the jiffy stand and rock it a few times. The alarm/turn signals should start flashing if the BAS is responding.

Just for the heck of it I would check to see if the BAS is responding at all and if its logic is really stuck High.

Set the alarm and move the FOB's to another room. Pull the bike up off the jiffy stand and rock it a few times. The alarm/turn signals should start flashing if the BAS is responding.

I have done exactly you posted - moved the fobs away and lights flash when I move the bike. Hopefully there is a way to clear the code and turn off the light. I wasn't sure if it had anything to do with the TSSM being previously set up for trike/sidecar instead of solo. That may not have anything to do with the fault code - I'll admit, I don't know much about that part of the system.

What's strange is that a B1153 is actually a BAS error code for a sidecar / trike. That error code actually refers you to the Trike or Sidecar supp manual.

I wonder if it is a feature that needs to be turned off within the menu options. That would explain why the error codes comes back so quick but at the same time the tilt alarm works just fine. Sounds like the hardware(TSSM) is OK but not setup properly. Having that Trike/sidecar supplement manual would help.

I would not run out and buy any parts until I researched it a bit more.

What's strange is that a B1153 is actually a BAS error code for a sidecar / trike. That error code actually refers you to the Trike or Sidecar supp manual.

I wonder if it is a feature that needs to be turned off within the menu options. That would explain why the error codes comes back so quick but at the same time the tilt alarm works just fine. Sounds like the hardware(TSSM) is OK but not setup properly. Having that Trike/sidecar supplement manual would help.

Hoople is exactly correct about the side car setting!

I went to the dealer this morning for a HOG chapter ride to VA hospital in Dublin GA. Before we left the tech hooked me up to the digital technician and reset the system to the solo config as the TSSM had been configured for sidecar operation. DTC cleared and light went out... problem solved.

Thanks for all the help Hoople!

Back