free website stats program Alarm Chirp | Harley Davidson Forums

Alarm Chirp

glider.

BOT Machine
Posted by "pfschmidt" in regards to activating the chirp feature that seems to be a problem at times...

I installed Smart Siren I (w/o) pager. After couple days of charging alarmed worked but didn't chirp at arming or two at disarm. At first I liked that but thought let me try the other way. After couple tries I did get it to chirp at arm and two chirps at disarm. It is nice to know audible status not just visual lights.

But the trick is the "immediate" as in 100th of second (don't even think about when do it now) as you go through the procedure below from self help index same as my 2010 EGC owners manual.

To do this cycle quickly through arming and disarming twice, this will switch the system from either chirp less or the chirp mode to it's opposite mode.

1. With the fob present, the ignition key ON and the system disarmed, turn the ignition OFF.

2. When the system arms (2 flashes of the turn signals) immediately turn the ignition switch back ON.

3. When the system disarms, ( 1 flash of the turn signals) immediately turn the ignition switch OFF.

4. When the system arms (2 flashes of the turn signals) immediately turn the ignition switch ON and wait for the system to arm.

Also, If the siren responds with 3 chirps instead of 2 the siren battery is bad, replace it.

Back