free website stats program Alarm: Chirp Mode | Harley Davidson Forums

Alarm: Chirp Mode

Drew

My new RKC has the factory security, but the chirp mode is not enabled. I looked through the manual yesteray, and did as they instructed (at least I think I did) in order to turn from silent mode to chirp... no luck. I believe the secuirty is working, as when the fob is not within range, the bike won't start, and the turn signals flash... but I want that siren to go off if someone is messing with my bike. Any suggestions?

thanks
Drew

My new RKC has the factory security, but the chirp mode is not enabled. I looked through the manual yesteray, and did as they instructed (at least I think I did) in order to turn from silent mode to chirp... no luck. I believe the secuirty is working, as when the fob is not within range, the bike won't start, and the turn signals flash... but I want that siren to go off if someone is messing with my bike. Any suggestions?

thanks
Drew

You have to install the Smart Siren II in order to get the audible chirp or alarm signal. The factory system is silent. The Smart Siren also includes a pager transmitter for use with the optional pager receiver.

Harley-Davidson USA | Accessories And Apparel | Genuine Motor Accessories

You have to install the Smart Siren II in order to get the audible chirp or alarm signal. The factory system is silent. The Smart Siren also includes a pager transmitter for use with the optional pager receiver.

Harley-Davidson USA | Accessories And Apparel | Genuine Motor Accessories

that would answer it... I didn't purchase anything else. My understanding was that the factory alarm had a chirp mode. Well, at least the the bike disarms and is unrideable without the FOB being in range. I'll have to look into purchasing the siren... would have been nice if my salesman had mentioned that.

thanks. Great site here!
Drew

that would answer it... I didn't purchase anything else. My understanding was that the factory alarm had a chirp mode. Well, at least the the bike disarms and is unrideable without the FOB being in range. I'll have to look into purchasing the siren... would have been nice if my salesman had mentioned that.

thanks. Great site here!
Drew

This is definitely a DIY project. The siren module will come with easy to follow instructions. Just need to follow them! :s

TQ

Drew.. your not alone. I did the same thing, wondering why my 09 RG wouldn't make any noise. It's so easy to install, just follow the link Glider provided for the HD product.

Back