free website stats program AirHawk Vs. Road Zepplin....and others. | Harley Davidson Forums

AirHawk Vs. Road Zepplin....and others.

HwyKnight

I just tested an AirHawk seat-pad on my stock 1010 FLHTK for about 500 miles. I was a bit unimpressed, but it was definitely better than nothing. Has anyone tried the AirHawk pad and compared to a Road Zepplin seat? If so how do they compare? Are there any other seats that compare, favorably to the AirHawk?

I just tested an AirHawk seat-pad on my stock 1010 FLHTK for about 500 miles. I was a bit unimpressed, but it was definitely better than nothing. Has anyone tried the AirHawk pad and compared to a Road Zepplin seat? If so how do they compare? Are there any other seats that compare, favorably to the AirHawk?

I haven't tried the Road Zepplin but I too am not impressed with the Airhawk. I actually use an Alaska Leather sheepskin that I like better than the Airhawk. Still looking for that great seat though.

I have a Mustang seat.
I tried an Airhawk pad but I returned it. Felt like I was sitting on a bowl of jello.
Also changed my line-of-sight. I ended up sitting higher and looking higher over the windshield.
Also I had to readjust my mirrors.

Might be fine if you have a stock seat that needs improvement but hard to improve on my Mustang seat. I did 500-600 mile days on my Ultra and never thought I needed anything better.

Besides, the price of an Airhawk would make me leary of leaving it on the bike while parked.

Can't beat a Mustang seat (with back rest) short of a custom seat made just for you. At todays prices it seems taking a stock seat and haveing it transformed to suite you is the better and cheaper way to go.
Good Luck.

I run an Air Hawk on the stock seat and love it. If you inflate it too much it does feel weird. It doesn't take much air to be comfortable.

I just ordered a Mustang seat from Dennis Kirk for my FLHTK. They are offering an additional 10% off their price for one week. Best deal I found even beating e-bay pricing. I had good experience with Mustang in the past.

I have had a Mustang seat on all 5 of my bikes in the past, when I am ready to sell I put the stock seat back on and have sold the Mustang seat on line, you probably could find a used one one line. Onther thing I do is go to the I.K.A. store and buy a $20 sheep skin and just cut it to fit.
Hope my 2 cents helped:42:

I have a AirHawk seat and it just sits in storage I didn't like the way I sat on the bike with it so I put it away. A seat is kind of like a windshield, you have to find one that is just right for you. I got lucky and found a very comfortable seat and believe it or not I got it from HD it is the "Leather Low-Profile Bucket Seat" HD part#52095-08A at a cost of $299.95. I have no problem doing 600 miles or more in a day with this seat so it works well for me. I did find that HD seat are reasonably priced.

Back