free website stats program Air Shocks.. | Harley Davidson Forums

Air Shocks..

Magser

Jeez I hope this don't sound like a dummy question,I feel like a dummy asking anyway I have a beauty FLTH standard,but other than riding it for about the last seven years I know nowt about a Harley,if someone could tell me what does the tank hold (ltrs),what is the range on tank of fuel,how do I adjust the air suspensions as the air clock dials say app 40 on one and 30 on the other.I know all this stuff is in a manual but I don't have a manual.forty five years ago or so I knew all about bikes learned by trial and error but the years have caught up with me an it's getting harder to download any of this stuff from me head nowadays,listen be good and ride safely God bless,Jim

Jeez I hope this don't sound like a dummy question,I feel like a dummy asking anyway I have a beauty FLTH standard,but other than riding it for about the last seven years I know nowt about a Harley,if someone could tell me what does the tank hold (ltrs),what is the range on tank of fuel,how do I adjust the air suspensions as the air clock dials say app 40 on one and 30 on the other.I know all this stuff is in a manual but I don't have a manual.forty five years ago or so I knew all about bikes learned by trial and error but the years have caught up with me an it's getting harder to download any of this stuff from me head nowadays,listen be good and ride safely God bless,Jim

Welcome to The Forum, My 97 FLHT had a 5 gallon gas tank, depending on how you ride you should get at least 38 miles to a gallon, The air shocks for the front and rear, fittings are behind the right side saddle bag lid, open it up you should see the two schrader valves side by side:s

Jim when you air up the shocks don't use high pressure air hose. You will need a hand pump made for filling the air shocks.

Many thanks Don,I have a pump for blowing uo air beds ,it would be a low pressure affair maybe that would do,God bless and ride safely,Jim

Many thanks Don,I have a pump for blowing uo air beds ,it would be a low pressure affair maybe that would do,God bless and ride safely,Jim

I would use the pump made for the shocks. It's a very low volume pump and at the cost of replacing the shocks, it's an expensive test.

at home i have a 12v compressor ( used for emergency's ) it works great for shocks & seat, nice & slow.................bw.........ps i have pigtails on it, for the bike battery.

at home i have a 12v compressor ( used for emergency's ) it works great for shocks & seat, nice & slow.................bw.........ps i have pigtails on it, for the bike battery.

I know the type of pump you refer to and even that is a bit much for the shocks. They shock are low volume and anything even like the 12V pumps can over inflate them and cause damage. The air chuck on them isn't a "no loss" type either so when you remove it the pressure will drop.

Hand pump is best.

I know the type of pump you refer to and even that is a bit much for the shocks. They shock are low volume and anything even like the 12V pumps can over inflate them and cause damage. The air chuck on them isn't a "no loss" type either so when you remove it the pressure will drop.

Hand pump is best.

Talked to a guy last week that asked how oil was staining his new rear wide white wall tire. I said I bet you did not use a approved Harley shock pump and the oil was from the shock. He used a 12v compressor also.
So the moral of the story is: "Right tool for the right job"

Back