free website stats program Air shocks 2002 RK SE | Harley Davidson Forums

Air shocks 2002 RK SE

fireguyq

My 2002 RK SE has air shocks. To fill the air shocks, I remove the right bag. The Schrader valve is hard to reach with an air chuck. A air hose used on the inside dual of a truck cannot make the bend without kinking the hose. I thought I saw a 90° adaptor for filling tires, do not see that in the JP Cycles catalog. Will that work to make the shock fitting more accessable?

There are kits to make valve more accessible. I am glad that you could not get air chuck on valve. You only need a max of like 40 PSI in shocks. You know what you compressor is putting out. You definitely need a suspension pump for 2 reasons. 1.) You will not blow shocks out do to over pressure. 2.) Suspension pump has a non air loss fitting so why you are removing pump pressure stays where you need it. The addition of a 90 may impede adding air and when removing 90, you will most likely loose air and you will go crazy trying set air pressure to your preference.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/touring-suspension-air-pump

Thanks for the quick replies. The air pump is on my shopping list. At present I am using my N regulator to fill the shocks, and an air gauge with a separate bleed valve to bleed the pressure to the owners manual recommendations. I made up a separate regulator with 4" dial so I can see the pressure being put in the shocks. Can the hose be left in position? And can it make the bend without kinking?

Thanks for the quick replies. The air pump is on my shopping list. At present I am using my N regulator to fill the shocks, and an air gauge with a separate bleed valve to bleed the pressure to the owners manual recommendations. I made up a separate regulator with 4" dial so I can see the pressure being put in the shocks. Can the hose be left in position? And can it make the bend without kinking?
I don't know the answer to that, I am going to use this hose on The Redheads Rav 4 spare tire, I get tired of taking the plastic cover off to fill it up. On her Rav 4 I can let the hose stick up a bit for easy access I think the hose is pretty pliable, but don't know for sure. Check with your dealer if they have 1 in stock and go hold it in your hands would be my best advise

35 psi is the max on the early touring shocks. More importantly is the volume it takes to get to 35 psi. Its not much...

I think the hose is pretty pliable, but don't know for sure. Check with your dealer if they have 1 in stock and go hold it in your hands would be my best advise

Good idea. We are going to Nampa next month for a medical. Actually, both of us are going for medicals. The skin doc thinks he wants to look at my bald pate to see if he can make a boat payment off of me. And Dee's doc is looking at a G20. While she is in Nampa, I can drive over to Hi Desert in Meridian and look at a hose.

Back