free website stats program air ride system | Harley Davidson Forums

air ride system

strodt

I have a 2000 Electra glide standard. My question is, after riding for awhile, I find hydraulic fluid splashed on my muffler. Took saddle bag off, the shock and tubing going to it are not wet at all. Does anyone have an idea as to where this fluid is coming from?

It sounds like the oil from the shock has leaked out, are you sure it is from the shock?

cant really tell, everything is dry around the shock

May have leaked out over time, how does it ride, the oil is there to help dampen the ride lubricate the piston and keep it cool, the air helps support the system, if you can peal back the rubber boot on the shock assuming these shocks have not changed since I last had a bagger in 97 you should see the oil stains if it is leaking

Rides good. No fluid leaking under the boot. If it matters, the bike has 19000 miles. No one has ridden on the back as far as I know for the last 5/6 years. This is strange, thanks for your help, if you have anything else I can try, please let me know.

Rides good. No fluid leaking under the boot. If it matters, the bike has 19000 miles. No one has ridden on the back as far as I know for the last 5/6 years. This is strange, thanks for your help, if you have anything else I can try, please let me know.

OK, now are you sure it is not oil or tranny fluid blowing off as you ride, wipe your hand on the back side of the air cleaner is it oily?

Have you looked at your air cleaner? It's possible that it is oil being vented from the crankcase and it's not all getting sucked into the intake. If it is on the left side, I have no ideas.

No oil around the air cleaner at all. No leaks at all on this bike. Thanks for all the ideas. I will keep looking.

Quote; I have a 2000 Electra glide standard. My question is, after riding for awhile, I find hydraulic fluid splashed on my muffler. Took saddle bag off, the shock and tubing going to it are not wet at all. Does anyone have an idea as to where this fluid is coming from?

Are you sure it is hydraulic fluid? If so is it the on the left or right side? Have you checked the rear brake line and caliper?
Have you recently had the derby cover off? Fluid can leak from there, and when riding blow back to the muffler

Back