free website stats program Air intake question | Harley Davidson Forums

Air intake question

Can anyone answer this for me?

I am planning to upgrade to the V&H shortshots with the fuel pak. I know I need more air for the particular combo and I'm planning on a K&N filter to take care of that. My question is if I use a K&N filter that fits under the stock air cleaner cover will the stock cover allow enough air flow to accomodate the filter?

I'm not crazy about changing out the stock air cleaner cover because I haven't found anything I like out there. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm looking for an all black cover (gloss or matte) with a simple sleek design. Thanks for the help.

It will flow better yes but not up to the K&N velocity stack or other intakes

You can go to the taller K&N used in the stage 1 and still retain your stock cover. The replacement K&N that fits inside the stock setup really doesn't do much for you.

I've got the SE air filter on mine, which does replace the back plate but uses the stock chrome cover. It seems to work great with no serious restrictions. My engine did require re-jetting with the SEII pipes installed.

Steve

I've got the SE air filter on mine, which does replace the back plate but uses the stock chrome cover. It seems to work great with no serious restrictions. My engine did require re-jetting with the SEII pipes installed.

Steve

Steve,

Do you have a part number handy for that SE air filter?

Thanks,

Lee

From the HD giant wish book: The Sportster SE Stage one air cleaner kit (includes back plate and other parts) is 29782-07 for $139.95.

Back