free website stats program Air filters | Harley Davidson Forums

Air filters

Ken S.

Going to get a new filter on my bike.

What do you guys think of these filter for my Sportster. Which one do you or did you use? Opinions?

K&N hi-po replacement filter. Fits right in the old case, washable 50,000 miles before cleaning. Can be clean numerous times. Suppose to be better flow than factory filter.

Big sucker stage one filter?

Thanks, Ken

do you have a stage 1 filter already on the bike?
the K&N are good but 1 in the stock box is not a stage 1 as the restriction is the air box itself

Right, I have the stock box right now with OEM filter. The K$N fits in the stock box but give better flow than the OEM filter.

No, I'd have to buy the Big sucker kit, that will bolt up for me.

Big Sucker- http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=182533&store=Main&productId=p182533&catId=209&leafCatId=20902

K&N- Harley Davidson XLH883 Sportster Air Filter - Replacement Air Filters

I would go the K&N route unless you are going to rejet the carb which would be needed for the big sucker. You may have to richen the mixture with the K&N but no rejet would be needed

It smells like I'm already running rich.

I'll do the K&N and see if the extra air helps.

I went for a short ride today and The scoot ran well, but the filter needs replaced, and I feel that it's running rich. Not getting enough air can in my opinion cause less atomization of gas and smell rich? What say Ye?

K&N is a fine filter i'm putting a Big Sucker on mine with the K&N all up to personal perferance

Back