free website stats program Air filter | Harley Davidson Forums

Air filter

dogdad

I have the stage one with VH slip ons. I was at the dealer today and was talking to another owner of a 08 rk classic with diff VH but with stage one also. We noticed my air filter-cover stuck out about one inch or so further out from the bike than his. Someone there mentioned that I could have a fatter rubber end on the filter than his bike did. I can see the air filter pretty good without looking behind the cover. Anyone know what the differences might be on these two filters? Also thinking about changing the "bracket" out from the gray looking one on the bike.

I have the stage one with VH slip ons. I was at the dealer today and was talking to another owner of a 08 rk classic with diff VH but with stage one also. We noticed my air filter-cover stuck out about one inch or so further out from the bike than his. Someone there mentioned that I could have a fatter rubber end on the filter than his bike did. I can see the air filter pretty good without looking behind the cover. Anyone know what the differences might be on these two filters? Also thinking about changing the "bracket" out from the gray looking one on the bike.

Dogdad, I installed a slightly taller a/c element on mine because it was a much less costly aftermarket element at 2 1/4" tall allows full circumference of the air cleaner to show approx. 1/4". Basically a matter of taste, it does allow you to get a visual indication if it gets oil soaked or dirty and slightly more airflow/filtration surface. :)

There are 2 threads in the maintenance section concerning part numbers for the a/c hardware you are looking... :newsmile014:

Last edited:
Back