free website stats program Air filter question for 09 flhx | Harley Davidson Forums

Air filter question for 09 flhx

Redman

WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME IF K&N MAKES AN AIR FILTER FOR THE STOCK FILTER HOUSING (THE FOOTBALL) AND WHAT THE PART # WOULD BE. IS THIS GOIING TO MY BEST BET WITH NEW EXHAUST(RUSH W/2.0 BAFFLES AND A TFI UNIT) THANKS GENTS.:small3d028:

Don't forget just changing the air filter does not do it all. You will be needing to change the back plate as well to open it all up properly. If that is the case then try the heavy breather as Smitty stated above. If you have lower fairings on your bike make sure you get the proper kit with the shorter air filter.
Good luck and ride safe.

I bought the naked V&H V02 intake. Not pricey at all and can use the stock ham cover or a V&H round cover. Nice set up. I used the SE intake and Big Sucker intake as well. If you are going to install and TFI, you should go to a new intake as Slapp stated.

Ride safe and have fun!

Redman; stock K&N should be HD-1508 & they also have a kit w/larger filter (RK-3930), but I agree w/smitty on HD's heavy breather (great breather). Only reason I didn't go w/the heavy breather is it doesn't work w/fairing lowers. Won't be a problem if you don't plan to add lowers someday.

They offer the cone shaped heavy Breather that does fit with hard lowers now

Figures...I'm always a day late & dollar short...

Thanks smitty - maybe I'll have to convince my wife my current breather isn't working...?? Always liked HD's heavy breather & are you planning to install on the new RG? If so, definitely post pics & give a review.

Hey Iceman, if you decided to do the heavy breather make sure you get the right kit from HD. You can now purchase the Heavy Breather with short filter for bikes with lowers. If you already have heavy breather the only way to get the filter is from HD. I researched it till I was blue in the face, apparenlly the short filter is from a German edition of the Ford Fiesta or something, not made for importation to the U.S.A.. Filter cost around 90 bucks including tax and that does not included filter sock (YES, I broke down and paid for it.
This just some FYI for everyone.

Back