free website stats program Air Cleaners | Harley Davidson Forums

Air Cleaners

90FXRS

Contributor
Does anyone know which air cleaner assembly is the least restrictive? HD Heavy Breather, Ness Big Sucker Stage II.........? Seems all of them use a K&N filter. Wondering about the Kuryakyn Corsair.

I have read a flow report somewhere along the way where it was determined that any filter after the stock filter provides as much air as the Stock engine could take in, of course with other than stock exhaust

Triple J answered your question...BC Gerolmay Overflow = 800+ CFM. Having said that, with that much flow, how much is it filtering out or is dirt getting in??? I didn't buy one just for that reason.

Link below is a chart with cfm ratings in self help section.
Harley Davidson Community

I looked at the Zipper MaxFlow but I question how well the rubber breather plugs will seal. Not really into cleaning oil off of the bike and having it all over the place. Oil belongs inside.......not out.

The CFM rating and Air Filter comparison from the Self Helps section is good, but the reality is how built up is your engine to need much over 171 CFM rating of the stocker. I would suspect that would be the question...may I say, that I would base my decision on what is recommended and give yourself "margin" of say 20% or more to compensate for clogging of the element over time. You can also use the stock cover, but cutout sections, like what you see on CVO models using a grinder and polishing and clear coating the edges. It will expose more air filter area too. Most all performance air cleaners use K&N. I order an over sized height one so more of the perimeter air cleaner filter element surface area is available to filter more air. :D

Getting ready to do a Stage I on my bike. Looking for opinions on the SE high flow a/c part #29260-08vs. the Arlen Ness Big Sucker. Is one better than the other??? Price is about the same, so just wanting whatever is best. Or are there any differences at all??? And is the HD Heavy Breather the same as the SE High Flow??? Looks like the SE filter is more of a paper filter. Is this a K&N filter??? The K&N filters look to be red in color, but the SE looks white. I don't want to buy the SE kit and then have to spend another $60 for just the better filter.
Thanks.

Back