free website stats program Air cleaner | Harley Davidson Forums

Air cleaner

wanting to put new air cleaner on my 03 super glide, there are a lot of different kinds, anyone have a good idea on a good air cleaner i can't make up my mind.

If you're looking for the most airflow I would go with either the Ness Big Sucker or SE...JMHO. If you just want looks or style that would be personal preference. What ever you decide on if it flows more air than stock you'll have to add some sort of fuel management. Any breather kit that comes with a K&N style filter is going to flow more than stock.

I went with the SE using my stock cover,I didn't want it to look anything but stock (other then the big air gap behind the cover):D

I went with the SE using my stock cover,I didn't want it to look anything but stock (other then the big air gap behind the cover):D

I'm with you Steve0. Went with the SE and kept my stock cover. Looks the same (great) but sucks alot more air. Must have pushed the cover out about 2 inches and now when I chrome clean the cover, got to watch I don't get cleaner on my demium tank.

ive had kuryakyn hyperchargers on my last 2 bikes. they pull in all the air your gonna need. ive heard of them sucking in rain and bogging down but have never even come close to having that problem. my bikes are carbureted and you want let it warm up before you really get on the throttle. should work well with fi too.

I went SE on both my bikes - '91 Dyna, '03 UC.

The Dyna has a K&N oiled filter unit, the UC is dry.

TQ

I went with the heavy Breather this time a bit costly but sure looks good makes for more leg room and darn sure lets more ait flow.
done.jpg

What pipes, remap, or other mods did you have to make when you put that on your bike?

I have the heavy breather on my 08 Dyna with Rush slash cut slip ons, and the remapping download from Harley. Got the heavy breather brand new in the box from e-bay for $150.00 with 6 bucks for shipping and handling.

Back