free website stats program aftermarket brake pads | Harley Davidson Forums

aftermarket brake pads

Dswartz

I have noticed that harley brake pads are pretty expensive. I was wondering if anybody had tried any aftermarket pads and what the results were. Is it better to just stick with the HD pads?

There are many different compositions of aftermarket brake pads. Not all work well with HD rotors. I did not like ceramic pads on the rear of my Dyna. I did like sintered metallic. "Organic" usually means asbestos.

I got a full set of pads (3 calipers) on ebay for $39. I use them on the rearsbecause I go through a rear tire every 10000 or so miles. On the fronts I have used Lyndalls and EBC HH. On my Buell I only use EBC HH.
Kemo

I have stayed with hd brake pads as they are a very good match for the rotors and they work fairly well together

Brian

I like the Lyndalls Z pads, don't seem to leave as much dust as harley pads but do cost as much, I figure you get what you pay for, and pads are not that expensive.

I must not use my brakes enough, I've got 48,000 miles on original pads, getting pretty thin now so I will be replacing them but gonna use stock HD pads. The stock pads on my bike are very good,no brake fade, work well in wet weather, and don't squeel. On prior metric bikes I've had I experimented with some different compositions and some were actually dangerous as they did next to nothing when they were wet. As far as I'm conserned HD brakes are very good just the way they are. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it.

Going to stay with OEM pads, I get good service from them, Wish Wagner made Thermal Quiet pads for H D I would use them, I use them at work with good results on the cages

HD OEM pads are durable and work fine and come with the stainless clip retainer and shims. :)

Have not tried Lyndall, but if Chopper & Glider support their use with less dusting (which when mixed with water can be corrosive), I would say that is a pretty good endorsement...:s

Back