free website stats program After the ride.... | Harley Davidson Forums

After the ride....

Sunnysideup

After I return from riding, usually I have a most calm and relaxing feeling. I don't know exactly why if it's the unique motion of the engine within the frame or just being out in the open all alone with my thoughts. Might even be just returning home alive although I did not feel this when I was training to become a pilot. It's a peace I have never experienced after other activities. Even before I get all my gear removed or being attacked by awaiting responsibilites, the relaxed state I get into is already with me. What I was wondering, do any of you understand or experience something like this?

I experience this also, but during the ride. I think its the fresh air, time to think/reflect, and getting out of the rat race. The bad thing is, sometimes it hits me after 20 miles, other times after 200.

In my opinion only those who ride can even begin to understand what you are feeling.

I agree 100 per cent, this is the best therapy money can buy:s

Depending on the distance and # of stops...my post-ride sometimes turns into a series of lengthy "stretch and rehab" sessions...getting old has a few downfalls...;)

After I return from riding, usually I have a most calm and relaxing feeling. I don't know exactly why if it's the unique motion of the engine within the frame or just being out in the open all alone with my thoughts. Might even be just returning home alive although I did not feel this when I was training to become a pilot. It's a peace I have never experienced after other activities. Even before I get all my gear removed or being attacked by awaiting responsibilites, the relaxed state I get into is already with me. What I was wondering, do any of you understand or experience something like this?

Understand completely. I love to get out for a short lunchtime ride to break up my work day. Its amazing how quickly the morning work stress leaves you as you twist the wick.

Keep your knees in the breeze...

During the ride is a great feeling. No stress. Just you and the road, all the stress and problems disappear. After the ride I always say, "why am I not doing this more often?"

There is just something intangible about getting your face in the wind, good therapy for sure.

During the ride is a great feeling. No stress. Just you and the road, all the stress and problems disappear. After the ride I always say, "why am I not doing this more often?"

Exactly the same for me......but the weather is sometimes so bad...
WAP.gif

Back