free website stats program After market speakers and amp | Harley Davidson Forums

After market speakers and amp

I have a road king classic and want to add some toons. I saw a 2-4" speaker set up made by Motorcycle toons with a 500 watt amp with a serial port for charging the mp3. Has anyone used this system or do you have any recommendations on a nice set-up?

does anyone have any ideas for a stereo set up with speakers mounted to the handlebars

Last edited by a moderator:
Harley has one........I think it's really expencive though. I got a buddy that has 2 6x9s in his bags facing the wheel and 4 little tiny speakers mounted up on his nacelle. He's got an amp mounted in his left bag and uses his I-pod. Needless to say he don't put much in his bags, if he's on a trip he has a T-bag for all his stuff. He's planning on putting a Dragonfly Fairing on pretty soon, and get rid of the other stuff, don't know why he didn't buy a Street Glide in the first place................Oh well.

I would do some calculations before hooking up any "500" watt amp. Hopefully the manufacture of the amp is exaggerating on the output power because if their not, your going to need a BUNCH of current on the input of that amp that you don't have.

Look at the amperage requirements for a powerful 12v audio amps. It is shocking. Put a Peak detect amp probe on one and fasten your seat belt. Remember energy can not be created. It has to come from somewhere.

Hoop!

Hey Road King 1, I installed the "Hawg Wired" system on my 09' SG I have to tell ya I love it. Coming in at $709 to my front door and I installed it in less than a hour. Its a 120w amp and 2 4ohm speakers than are direct replacements for the OEM speakers. I posted a thread on the install Hawg Wired Stereo System Installed - Harley Davidson Community [/URL] If this link doesn't work its on page 67 under touring models.

Back