free website stats program After Market LED Headlights | Harley Davidson Forums

After Market LED Headlights

Hi All,

I'm thinking about replacing the stock headlights and spotlights on my 2005 Ultra with LED lights. The Harley Daymaker lights are a bit too much $$$. I see a set on Amazon for about $113. The set includes the headlight and two spotlights along with the mounting ring.

Has anybody have experience with aftermarket LED lights. Also, I see Harley offers a wiring harness adapter that allows the use of the spotlights when the high beam is on. The stock setup does not allow using the spotlights with the high beam. I don't do much night riding but would like the brightest lights for daytime. Does anyone run LED lights with this adapter. Any problems with excessive current draw.

Thanks for any replies.

Steve

I run a set of LED running lights and really like them, very bright and highly viable during the day.
I don't recall the brand name but will see if I can find the paperwork.
They were a direct replacement for the sealed beams.

You need not worry about excessive draw as LED lights use less power to operate.

Hi All,

I'm thinking about replacing the stock headlights and spotlights on my 2005 Ultra with LED lights. The Harley Daymaker lights are a bit too much $$$. I see a set on Amazon for about $113. The set includes the headlight and two spotlights along with the mounting ring.

Has anybody have experience with aftermarket LED lights. Also, I see Harley offers a wiring harness adapter that allows the use of the spotlights when the high beam is on. The stock setup does not allow using the spotlights with the high beam. I don't do much night riding but would like the brightest lights for daytime. Does anyone run LED lights with this adapter. Any problems with excessive current draw.

Thanks for any replies.

Steve
I installed the adapter in 2014, and have never had any problems with it. I accessed the wiring for the adapter thru the headlight hole in the fairing. I also have the HD reflective Daymaker headlight and spot lights, and they really show up during the day. I added an after market LED headlight to my Wide Glide that I found on Amazon for less than $50, with a two year warranty, but have not had a chance to try it out.

Hi All,

Thanks for any replies.

Steve
You may need to add a load equalizer, you local HD can probably tell you.

Mine are from eaglelites.com and for the headlight, adapter ring (which I didn't need) and two spotlights was around 327.00. They work great! The rest of the lights, turn signals and brake are custom dynamics and for my bike no load equalizer was needed.

Thanks for the replies. I ordered the LED lights (headlight and two spotlights) along with the harness that allows use of the spotlights with the highbeam. They should be here tomorrow. I will let everyone know how the install went along with how the lights work ... at least during the day since I seldom ride at night. I bought the LED's hoping they help cagers see me during the day. I plan on running the highbeam along with the spot's during the day.

The LED's were $113 and the harness was $20 so a bit of a $$$ gamble but well worth it if they make me standout more.

Steve

I don't think you will need to run the high beam during the day if you bought good LED lights, and running on high beam all of the time is likely to attract some in-wanted attention to you.:mad:

I agree with Ed on not riding with high beam on at on coming traffic. Day or night.
I tend to return the favor and aim them as directly as possible by drifting slightly left.
So far I haven't lost a mirror on the truck.

I have to agree, with your front end lit up with LED lighting if someone hits or pulls out on you the high beam wouldn’t have mattered.

Back