free website stats program After market exhausts | Harley Davidson Forums

After market exhausts

JBK 1

Banned
Hi All,
This has probably been brought up before, but what are some of the exhausts that you have installed on your Softails?
I have a 08 Heritage and I've looked/searched at what seems like thousands of different systems. From 2 into 1s, to longshots and everything in between. I’ve also had an ear open listening for just the right tone, but as its winter here now, riding has slowed considerably.
I'm looking for something beefier sounding than stock, but not too loud. And an increase in performance is a must. I like the look of True Duals quite a bit, but have been told by a gentleman in my local shop that performance suffers with Duals.
I will be installing a new performance air filter and a fuel management system.
Thanks in advance.
JBK

JBK -
I put the V&H BigShots Long on mine. Matched them up with the V&H FuelPak and HD Stage 1 air box. I really like the look and sound.
Ride Safe:rider

Attachments

• 100_2303.jpg
    100_2303.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 80
I'll cast another vote for the V&H Bigshots Long. I originally replaced the stock exhaust on my '06 Heritage with V&H Pro Pipe 2:1 which was great for performance but too loud for long rides. The Bigshots come with a "power chamber" that scavenges power similar to a 2:1 pipe. I replaced my 2:1 pipe last summer with the Bigshots. The Long version has a option for quiet baffles and the tail pipes are far enough back that long rides are no problem. Great sound and good performance.

I have to go with the Vance & Hines True Duals, with the fishtail tips. Classic look.
But get the Quiet Baffles if you don't want it too loud.

I have an 08, Heritage Softail Classic anniversary edition, V&H true duals, HD race tuner, and the air cleaner upgrade. Decent performance boost. But after the Standard Baffles "broke in", they got a little louder and now are almost too loud.

If you want performance, get the 103 cubic inch screaming eagle stage II upgrade.

That's my next improvement.

If you likes the looks of the V&H Big Radius but want to save a little, have a look at the Hooker Troublemakers. They come in a few different styles..mine are the scallop cut...they have a turn down style...and have blacked out as well. Leave the baffles in for a lower quieter sound or pop them out to make some noise.
bike006.jpg

I have V&H short shots in black on mine, though I wouldn't recommend them for that style of bike, you need chrome good sir!! :D I love my V&H, love 'em!! The sound is loud, the power is great, and they look so awesome.

Another vote for the Hookers,although I prefer the straight stagard.They are chambered/stepped.Quiete if you want them to be through town and they realy wake when you get on it.The chrome is top notch.Had a set for 8 years with no blueing, bought another set due to road rash.

Back