free website stats program Advice on Tires | Harley Davidson Forums

Advice on Tires

jrosmos

Hello All,
I am looking for advice on the best tires for a 2007 Sportster, can someone give me their advice.
Thanks

Hello All,
I am looking for advice on the best tires for a 2007 Sportster, can someone give me their advice.
Thanks

Best tires is an open ended question. Best to me or best to you?? What are you looking for in a tire? Tread life, handling, grip and comfort? Yes, I know in a perfect world, we'd have all of these in a tire, but the harder the tire (tread life) the less grip you will have..etc. Just wondering before I can recommend a tire to you.

Yes in a perfect world we would want all of them, but how about Tread Life and Handling?

Stock HD's work the best for all around longevity and performance.:newsmile093:

Some one wiser may say different BUT... Wonder who that is?:laugh

signed....BUBBIE

I got just shy of 12k out of the michelin scorchers that were the original equipment on my dyna. They handled good IMO but I don't ride it like I stole it. I just put Dunlop K591's to replace them because the michelins are pricey.....over $200 for the rear and $160 for the front. The K591s are definately "stickier" than the scorchers from what I can tell so far. I doubt I'll get 12k out of them but we'll see.

This is what HD is using for factory tires.

"All 2012 Sportster models will have Michelin® Scorcher™ tires with a tread pattern designed, tested and styled specifically for the Sportster motorcycle to provide ideal grip, even wear and longer life."

I have the Dunlop D402F on my bike. I know different bikes but just saying because I have been very happy with the Dunlops. Let us know what you decide and how they feel.

Back