free website stats program Advice for Add-ons to my '08 RKC | Harley Davidson Forums

Advice for Add-ons to my '08 RKC

CHICO

I would like to customize my bike to provide more comfort for my girlfriend as a passenger.

I've got the pure stock RKC, no passenger backrest, nothing.

My g/f has yet to ride on my bike since she lives in SoCal and me in Colorado - but the bike I last rented (from Extreme Dream Rider in Costa Mesa - I highly recommend Russ and his team at EDR) in SoCal she said was the MOST comfortable she's ever been and could ride for hours on that seat! That's all I needed to hear.

So the bike I rented was an '08 Road Glide that had an Electra Glide seat with the wider and higher passenger seat, detachable tour pack, etc.

What I'd like to do is set my RKC up as close to that as possible to give her as much comfort as I can, as well as get the extra storage for Sturgis coming up.

So now to my question. What are your suggestions? I've looked at getting the

-Sundowner deep bucket seat (part # 51093-04A)
or the
-Comfort stitch Seat for the RK models (Part# 51157-04A)

and for luggage paks either

-King Tour-pak luggage (part #53270-06DH)
or the
-Premium Leather Tour-pak (part# 79189-06)

Would like to get everyone's input and suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your help,

David

Welcome to the Forum ya all ready know my thoughts from elsewhere..

Also ya might want to think on floor board extensions it its you lot more leg room by moving the floorboard out about 3/4ths inch dont sound like much but makes it nicer for you

Get whichever tour pack matches your saddlebags and make sure it's detachable for your strictly local excursions. If she goes with you on shorter trips, get a detachable passenger backrest. Floorboards instead of pegs are a big plus. The seat is personal preference and you've got lots of options - many love their Sundowners and almost as many hate them and have gone with Mustang, Corbin, or custom jobs.

Sundowner seat is great for both rider and passenger. Comfortable on a 300 mi. trip. Wife loves it. I was considering a tourpak for my 2008 RKC and will probably go with the hard pack instead of the leather. Hardpack will match the paint and is 1000 cu in bigger than leather tourpak. Also already comes wiht lock so you won't need an aftermarket fix.

Good luck.

My wife loves the pillowtop seat with detachable backrest. Before we got this seat, longer trips were uncomfortable for her. Now we can ride all day and she has ZERO complaints.

Hi, I have recently purchased a 2009 RKC and very happy with it.

Does anyone have any suggestings on a good set of pipes i can add to up the exhaust volume?

Cheers

David

Hi, I have recently purchased a 2009 RKC and very happy with it.

Does anyone have any suggestings on a good set of pipes i can add to up the exhaust volume?

Cheers

David

First, check here:

Exhaust Sound Bites - Harley Davidson Community

Then do some general forum searching for opinions. Lots of videos and sound bites on Youtube, also. I've also found most used bikes at a dealership have aftermarket pipes you can listen to. Go to a bike night or other bike event and you'll get to hear a wide variety.

Back