free website stats program Adjusting the TFI | Harley Davidson Forums

Adjusting the TFI

Anyone in North Central Jersey that can help me adjust my TFI controller? I am now to the point of needing help:newsmile017:

Are you having problems, or just want to make some setting changes after install? Dobeck recommends you run a few tanks through the bike to see where you're sitting on the settings...

It runs great!. But Want to try to increase my gas mileage from 26mpg

Tried and read everyone's instructions but have made zero progress.

I got 28mpg before my TFI, and now I average 33mpg, but it took a bit of work. I use 3 tankfulls to get my "official" result. (and I don't use the tank full where I do my adjusting, because of all the idling it takes me to set the controller.) I called Dobeck a few times, but I couldn't find my notepad about this. I remember that mode 4 should be set to .05 or lower because that is the deceleration mode. I want to improve my mpg but this is my best so far. (Harley Davidson says I should get 34 city & 53 highway mpg on stock, & I have a stage 1.)

To get the best mpg I also had to stop doing short rides (under 5 miles/15 min) and be sure to warm it up every time. Changing the oil & tranny fluids regularly (Mobile1 for Vtwin & Spectro Platinum) and keeping the tires at the right inflation also helps.

Good Luck!

:44:

Back