free website stats program Adjusting Spokes on 06 Road king | Harley Davidson Forums

Adjusting Spokes on 06 Road king

1GTRRPA

Howdy All, When I get my spokes adjusted at 5,000k how do they do it? Do they have some sort of balancer they install on the rim for balance? I do notice a big difference after their done. Just wondering if anyone knows the procedure.
Thanks in Advance.........:newsmile040:

Hi Jerry from Denver here! All my bikes have wire spoked wheels! I use an independant Wheel shop called Woodys Wheel Works! They have been in the Wheel biz since 1972!

1st the wheel is removed from the bike, then the tire , tube, and tube strip is removed...then the wheel is placed on a "Trueing Stand! Spun and observed for any wobble and the spokes are adjusted until the wobble is gone! Thats the quick explanation on trueing a wheel! Every good 'bicycle' shop does it! Same principle...go ask the service tech @ one to demo how it's done!

Building or "lacing" spoked wheels and Wheel trueing is and Art in it's self! Any time a tire is replaced...the wheel should be retrued ! It's the 1st step..True the wheel, mount the tire, and balance the assembly!

Look to see if there are any Wheel Shops in your area! I would trust an old time wheel builder before I would let a Harley Dealer do it or anything on my bikes! Peace !

Riding a Harley is good! Knowing your Harley is Better! Go Fast....take Chances!

Last edited:
Hi Jerry from Denver here! All my bikes have wire spoked wheels! I use an independant Wheel shop called Woodys Wheel Works! They have been in the Wheel biz since 1972!

1st the wheel is removed from the bike, then the tire , tube, and tube strip is removed...then the wheel is placed on a "Trueing Stand! Spun and observed for any wobble and the spokes are adjusted until the wobble is gone! Thats the quick explanation on trueing a wheel! Every good 'bicycle' shop does it! Same principle...go ask the service tech @ one to demo how it's done!

Building or "lacing" spoked wheels and Wheel trueing is and Art in it's self! Any time a tire is replaced...the wheel should be retrued ! It's the 1st step..True the wheel, mount the tire, and balance the assembly!

Look to see if there are any Wheel Shops in your area! I would trust an old time wheel builder before I would let a Harley Dealer do it or anything on my bikes! Peace !

Riding a Harley is good! Knowing your Harley is Better! Go Fast....take Chances!

What's a rough price per wheel? I'd love to get my FXDC wheels checked out.

Thanks,
Jimmy

What's a rough price per wheel? I'd love to get my FXDC wheels checked out.

Thanks,
Jimmy

If you have a lift, Why not check out the TRUEness your self?? a simple spin of the tire/wheel assembly will tell you If you need truing... But I also use a Tap on the wire spoke to Listen IF in Tune... The tap (use a small wrench handle) will let you "listen" to the tightness or Looseness of the wire spoke(tune=tone)... And If out of round and-or not running straight from side to side, checked with a steady rest point.

IF Bad on any of the checks,,,Then I would go to the wheel man....

signed....BUBBIE

Back