free website stats program Adjusting shocks air pressure and oil | Harley Davidson Forums

Adjusting shocks air pressure and oil

Wayne R

After reading some posts here I realized 35 psi was too much in the air shocks on my 2002 Road King and my wifes 2006 Ultra so I re-adjusted the pressure to 25 psi, on both bikes when I let air out, I got some oil coming out with the air, is this normal or do I have problems with these shocks. I use the harley air pump to adjust so I dont think they were ever over inflated.

Wayne R; when you say oil from the shocks - is it just a fine mist coming out when you released the pressure fm shocks, or dripping out? You can get a fine mist of moisture out of air systems, but it shouldn't be constant. Any other info. & pics work well too so we can see what you're describing...

You sure it was oil?Im just thinking, anyplace air is present its possible for condensation to take place.Is it possible it was dirty water?

Yep, my same thoughts too...didn't think there should be oil & sometimes air gets little moisture over time so thought a pic might help to see what's coming out...

Back