free website stats program Adjusting Rear Break Pedal | Harley Davidson Forums

Adjusting Rear Break Pedal

LowRider2009

I just bought a 2009 LowRider and the rear Break pedal is to low. I have to rotate my foot to much to engage the rear break. I would like to know how to adjust the pedal so that it sits a little higher than the foot peg.

i know on my ultra i cant. pull back the boot there may be an adjuster under there..

Per 2009 DYNA service manual:
The rear brake pedal should not require adjustment. If minor adjustment is required:
Using an open-end wrench on the push rod flats, turn the push rod in the direction which will correct pedal height.
When correct pedal height is obtained, tighten jam nut.
Never allow more than nine threads to be exposed between control rod and jam nut or rod can come apart.
Verify that water drain hole in rubber boot is positioned to the bottom.

Per 2009 DYNA service manual:
The rear brake pedal should not require adjustment. If minor adjustment is required:
Using an open-end wrench on the push rod flats, turn the push rod in the direction which will correct pedal height.
When correct pedal height is obtained, tighten jam nut.
Never allow more than nine threads to be exposed between control rod and jam nut or rod can come apart.
Verify that water drain hole in rubber boot is positioned to the bottom.
’05 FLSTC This spring I took off my brake arm and bent it outwards and then back straight. This allows me to get more of my boot on the pedal where as before I was only pushing on the edge of the rubber. This has lowered the pedal position closer to the floor board. Is there any reason I could not use the above procedure to adjust the pedal position up on my STC?

You may want to look into the replacement pedal that HD offers that extends the pedal pad further forward so your whole foot will fit on the board and the pedal is basically at the leading edge of the board instead of OVER it. Put it on my RK and it worked well.

You may want to look into the replacement pedal that HD offers that extends the pedal pad further forward so your whole foot will fit on the board and the pedal is basically at the leading edge of the board instead of OVER it. Put it on my RK and it worked well.
I always enjoy the do it your selfer save some money if I can first. My foot is nicely on the pedal now, I just would like a touch more room under the pedal.

I always enjoy the do it your selfer save some money if I can first. My foot is nicely on the pedal now, I just would like a touch more room under the pedal.

There's always the option of lowering the boards too. Look underneath for the different positions.:D

See how easy that was!:bigsmiley20:

There's always the option of lowering the boards too. Look underneath for the different positions.:D

See how easy that was!:bigsmiley20:
Can't do that, they are already 3/4" spaced out and scrape too easy on corners.

Is there an issue with the piston rod adjustment? Or is it not adjustable?

There really not meant to be "adjustable"....however you can fudge it a bit with the locknut on the rod end to raise or lower the pedal a bit.

There really not meant to be "adjustable"....however you can fudge it a bit with the locknut on the rod end to raise or lower the pedal a bit.
Thanks, I will proceed with caution and if I don't like what I see, I will go another rout.

Back