free website stats program Adjusting brake pedal position-FXDL | Harley Davidson Forums

Adjusting brake pedal position-FXDL

flyin64

My recent forward controls feel great but I wanted to know- can I adjust the position of the pedal? I would like it slightly clockwise so that I can smoothly rotate my foot to the left with less flexing of my foot/toes. My dealer installed them for me.

Cheers to all

Shifter side is adjustable but I don't think there are many brake sides that are adjustable. Check the link where it comes off the pedal, If memory serves me correctly on that year dyna, there should be a tiny bit of adjustment by adjusting the rod length where it travels back to the cylinder itself. That should be the one with the long activating fod.

thanks buddy - i will check it out. i am a new rider so i bet once i get used to it i will rotate onto the brake no problems. i noticed i ribbed the left side of my boot on the edge of the pedal so i may not have been sliding my foot around enough.

peace

I have an 02 wide glide and it has a stud with locknut down by the master cylinder. I just pull the pin and loosen the jam nut and adjust the pedal to where I want it. follow the push rod of the brake pedal back towards the master cylinder and see if your' is that way too-----jack

Back