free website stats program Adjustable Rider Backrest - Tips/suggestions | Harley Davidson Forums

Adjustable Rider Backrest - Tips/suggestions

skcm2006

I have an 09 FLHX - I bought the adjustable backrest and looking over the instructions make me scratch my head. Does anyone have any tips/suggestions on what I should not do and how to make sure I do this right?

Thank you.

Russ

You're off to a good start, you read the instructions, just take your time and everything will make sense as you install it. If not everbody on the forum is here to help.

Simply read the instructions at least 3 more times and then allow a full day to get it done. Take your time, reread anything that you don't understand, eyeball everything and test fit it before permanent installation, etc., etc.

Installed mine used no, instructions only one screwup minor.did mounted control on wrong side.......did not seam quite rite, checked on line now its correct..

Installed mine used no, instructions only one screwup minor.did mounted control on wrong side.......did not seam quite rite, checked on line now its correct..

What are the part numbers for the adjustable back rest you installed on you bike? I would like to do that, but best I can tell from the HD website, is the backrest pad is about $100, and the frame and mechanism is another $200. Is that your experience?

TQ

TQ, I paid just over $300 for the entire setup - the pad was $99 and the rest I believe was $239. I bought mine from the dealership and I know I could have found it cheaper on line but I had some reward points I could generate so it was a wash for me.

yep, $99 for the rest, $200 or so for the mechanism. I just bought a rest for my Ultra, I found out the prior owner had the adjustable unit on it and only took the back rest leaving the mech behind...good for me! I like it for out on the road but feel a little compressed forward by it and it seems to really cut in to the passengers area...what has been folks experience with these and passengers? I am thinking I might be taking it off the few times someone is on the back to give more room for them....

Phil

What are the part numbers for the adjustable back rest you installed on you bike? I would like to do that, but best I can tell from the HD website, is the backrest pad is about $100, and the frame and mechanism is another $200. Is that your experience?

TQ

Well TQ i got mine used , the 2 responses before me may have ans. your ? to me there not cheep new. i was lucky to find a used one on this forum. but a nice help for my back. i think it comes in a kit pad, mount, & small tringular bracket this bracket is indiginious to a bikes year, i made mine cause they were 12 bucks''

Not too hard the only thing you need to think about is the placement of the handle to control the tilt. Make sure you route the cable correctly unlike me. haha Had to re-do it once but once I got it right wasn't so bad.

Steve

Back