free website stats program Adjustable rider backrest install | Harley Davidson Forums

Adjustable rider backrest install

fxglide

I am looking at adding an adjustable rider backrest with the cable control. But it appears the control mounts about where the heat deflectors are mounted. I'm riding an 09 FLHTCU but do not want to lose the deflectors.

Anyone here ever install one of these backrests who could give me a real deal assessment?

Save your $$$$ and time, buy the "standard" driver back rest. You'll be plenty satisfied and $$$ ahead.

I have the standard / non adjustable on mine and it is working fine for me, it does have a adjusting screw, I also have the adjustable sitting in a cabinet that I've often wanted to put on to see how it would work and I'm not sure if those air deflectors would be in the way or not I'll check it out and respond in the next day or 2

I had the standard, manual adjust backrest and never used it because it just didn't have the "sweet" spot I wanted. I have an '07 Electra Glide with heat shields. I mounted the adjustable bracket in the specified location. I have to reach around the shield a little, but it's not a problem. I also made a shorter bracket for the pad because I like support at my belt line.

I had the standard, manual adjust backrest and never used it because it just didn't have the "sweet" spot I wanted. I have an '07 Electra Glide with heat shields. I mounted the adjustable bracket in the specified location. I have to reach around the shield a little, but it's not a problem. I also made a shorter bracket for the pad because I like support at my belt line.
Any chance I could see a pic of where you mounted the control around the heat deflectors?

I have the standard / non adjustable on mine and it is working fine for me, it does have a adjusting screw, I also have the adjustable sitting in a cabinet that I've often wanted to put on to see how it would work and I'm not sure if those air deflectors would be in the way or not I'll check it out and respond in the next day or 2
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry ment to give feed back, life got busy and it slipped, aka forgot.
How did it turn out, any pics available on the install?
Still thinking of installing mine, someday.

Back