free website stats program adjustable pushrods | Harley Davidson Forums

adjustable pushrods

gunther01

The HD service manual for the 88in B motor fails to show how to adjust the pushrods and in what order for adjustment or I mist it. Any wise counsel?

That's more than likely because the stock motors do not have adjustable push rods. They are mainly used when replacing a cam so you don't have to open up the rocker area. You cut the stock push rods out and replace them with adjustable units.

The HD service manual for the 88in B motor fails to show how to adjust the pushrods and in what order for adjustment or I mist it. Any wise counsel?

Welcome,
The pushrods are solid length from HD and NO adjustment to them.....
IF You need to remove them(snip out) THEN install fully adjustable ones... I like using the SE slender tapper by HD..

No need to do so, Unless you want to change out the cams and not tale loose the top end (valve rocker area) of engine...

signed....BUBBIE

The BOSS beat me again

Thanks for the response. I changed the cams and pushrods with adjustable pushrods. Now is time to adjust the push rods. Do I adjust the rear intake and exhaust at the same time with piston TDC, then to the front piston to TDC and adjust front pushrods?

Thanks for the response. I changed the cams and pushrods with adjustable pushrods. Now is time to adjust the push rods. Do I adjust the rear intake and exhaust at the same time with piston TDC, then to the front piston to TDC and adjust front pushrods?

Yes. But make sure you are on TDC of compression stroke for each cylinder when adjusting those pushrods. Remember, the pistons are at TDC twice during a full four stroke cycle, but the lifters are both on the back side of the lobes only on the compression stroke TDC.

Eyeball exhaust open, intake open, then TDC.

TQ

Remember to allow enough time for the lifters to BLEED OFF and push-rods turn easily BEFORE you move to the Next Position....

signed....BUBBIE

Thank you all for your support. Thanks again for your thoughts and wisdom. All is great!!!
Never thought about using the internet to get answer like this. A good friend told me to come here. It is awesome! You guy's are great!!!
Peace:D

Back