free website stats program Adding mid pegs to '02 Wide Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Adding mid pegs to '02 Wide Glide

djzoohelp

I've seen a bunch of articles on relocating the forward controls back to the mid position on Wide Glides, but that's not really what I want.

I'm looking to add another set of pegs at the mid position - just for a change of leg position on long rides.

Saw it done in one of the H.O.G. Tales issues, but danged if I can find out where to get the necessary hardware.

Anybody have any tips?

Check the frame for the mid position mounting bosses on the left and right sides. If they are still present, you can get the standard OEM HD mounts and use Kuryakin Mini-Wings floorboards "Thanks Hobbit". They worked great on my Sporty, which had only forward controls, and like you I wanted mid-position for rough road handling as well as comfort, especially when riding two-up (I used the passenger pegs for my "mid" position when I was riding solo).:)

Thanks Hobbit and NEWHD74FAN.

The left and right mounts are still there so it sounds very hopeful. I wasn't sure the standard mounts would clear the exhaust, but it's all still original down there, so I'm thinking it will work. Hopefully not too pricey either.

Great site here!

Thanks Hobbit and NEWHD74FAN.

The left and right mounts are still there so it sounds very hopeful. I wasn't sure the standard mounts would clear the exhaust, but it's all still original down there, so I'm thinking it will work. Hopefully not too pricey either.

Great site here!

The stock mounts and allen bolt hardware are not expensive...the peg pin kit is $13 and chrome to boot. I did have to make a small aluminum billet pipe adapter to simulate the brake pedal shaft for the right mount, but that was about the extent of the "mental exercise" involved...:coffee

I have an 02 wide glide and I have mid pegs for the same reason you stated, more foot position options. Go to the dealer and ask for some take-offs from someone who had forwards put on his/her superglide or low rider. I bought mine for 50 bucks including the mounting hardware. I borrowed an allen wrench from the dealer and mounted them up in about ten minutes in the parking lot. Got some matching aftermarket pegs to match the forward and passenger pegs and now all match.----jack ps use red loctite on the bolts

Back