free website stats program adding a tach | Harley Davidson Forums

adding a tach

pawpaw01

Hey everyone. I am considering putting a tach on my 2008 FXSTC. I would greatly appreciate any advice concerning this as I will probably have to use an aftermarket tach. Do any of you have any experience using any of the small handlebar-mounted tachs? Any and all input here is greatly appreciated, I surely do not want to spend money for something that I will not be happy with, I would rather make this a one-time upgrade with satisfactory results... Thanks in advance for your info, ride safe...

VDO, AutoMeter and the HD(I think made by VDO) tach's are quality tachs. Remember your 08 has single fire ignition and if going aftermarket, the old saying applies "you get what you pay for."

here is another option for you. Cobra has a nice tach that mounts easy.
Check them out.

:rider

Ride hard
Ride Safe

Just a thought, but there are replacement speedo's that have integrated tachs. This makes for a cleaner look than a handlebar mounted tach. HD makes some as well as others.

Just a thought, but there are replacement speedo's that have integrated tachs. This makes for a cleaner look than a handlebar mounted tach. HD makes some as well as others.

If I have to add a tachometer on mine, this's the way to go.

I have the HD Speedo-Tach combo on my Softail (PN 74746-08). The look is great and the installation is a breeze.

MH

Back