free website stats program Added tour pac w/ tail/Stop light | Harley Davidson Forums

Added tour pac w/ tail/Stop light

I have a 09 Hertiage Classic and just added a Two Up Tour Pac, The bag has a very nice LDE mounted Tail/Break light mounted between the Buckles that was added to the bag.

My Question is, does anyone make a adaptor that can be pluged into the existing harness and run power to the light or do I just have to splice into existing Tail/Stop wires to get power to the light. I did check w/ my local HD Dealer about a Harness and they were the ones who suggested I would have to splice into the existing wires.

Thanks,
Double Ell

I added a tour pak to my 07 Heritage Classic, post a pic of yours for us to see.

Thanks

Attachments

• PGR 02 09 2013.jpg
    PGR 02 09 2013.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 41
Looks like will have to splice into the tail light wiring under the seat and install a quick connect at the tour pack being it connected by Two Up Detachable Rack. Attached is a couple picture of it, once completed I'll post more pic.'s

Attachments

• IMG_2626.jpg
    IMG_2626.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_9747.jpg
    IMG_9747.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 29
Finished it up today, very satified with everything. Stopped by my local HD shop and picked up the Tail/Stop conversaion module so my rear single lights now become Stop/Tail/Turn, and also with the LED Tail/Stop light mounted on the bag which fuctions as a tail light plus strobes and intensifies when the brakes are applyed, there is alot of light in the back now. Happy, Happy, Happy

attached are a couple of pictures with just tail lights

Attachments

• sl1.jpg
    sl1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 25
  • sl3.jpg
    sl3.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 23
  • sl2.jpg
    sl2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 20
Finished it up today, very satified with everything. Stopped by my local HD shop and picked up the Tail/Stop conversaion module so my rear single lights now become Stop/Tail/Turn, and also with the LED Tail/Stop light mounted on the bag which fuctions as a tail light plus strobes and intensifies when the brakes are applyed, there is alot of light in the back now. Happy, Happy, Happy

attached are a couple of pictures with just tail lights

Good deal, the ONLY moving accident I was involved in was actually me stopped at an intersection signalling a right turn and the lady did not see my taillight or signal in broad daylight...pushed me halfway into the intersection, and then I fell over!:bigsmiley30:

Needless to say I am a believer in high taillight and running lights with bright LED brake lighting in back AND bright headlight in front. Never another such experience, that was about 20 years ago! :guitar

Looks great! Good job with the install. You'll love the extra carrying space. When I bought mine I figured I would put it on for long trips and take it off otherwise.....wrong, I love the extra storage space so much I have never taken it back off. Some day I want to get it painted to match the tins.

This worked out very well from the start, you see to start I purchased the bag with the detachable mount w/the LED installed from a friend of a friend for $300.00 The only problem was the detachable mount was for a Road King so I had to purchase a detachable mount for a Heritage which cost me $230.00 plus $40.00 for the mounts. Still a Great deal at $570.00. I have no intention of ever taking off the bag unless it to srevice something. Next addition to it will be to remove the windshield and replace it with a Faring.

I leaning toward a Memphis Shade being I have HD Boom Speakers installed so no need for a raido. Any one has a Memphis Shade Faring installed and are you satified with it?

Also have the Detachable mount that will fit Road King thru 08' and the passenger back rest with the luggage rack that was on the bike I'd like to get rid of. Attached are pictures of the Detachable Mount for a Road King and Passenger back rest and luggage rack for 09' Heritage
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and support!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5409.jpg
    IMG_5409.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5906.jpg
    IMG_5906.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6418.jpg
    IMG_6418.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 14
Back