free website stats program Added the RUSH Slip-Ons | Harley Davidson Forums

Added the RUSH Slip-Ons

Slapp

Well I added the Rush slash cut slip-ons with 1 1/2 inch baffles to the EG and took it for it's maiden ride yesterday. I was worried about them being to loud and over-powering the radio. I have got to tell you they sounded nice. Had a nice deep growl and I could still hear the radio perfect. My wife rode her bike behind me even said it sounded great not to pitchy (not sure what she ment by to pitchy, but she liked them). The throttle even feels a little snappier when I get on it. I must say I am really impressed with the pipes. The install took less than thirty minutes once it was on the jack. Yes I believe I will be real happy with these pipes.

i like my 1 3/4 baffles i may raduce the size a little i would like a little quiter at 3000 rpms i made my baffle from a old PAT baffle just made it longer to fit full length inside tube.

I hope you put some type of fueler to richen up that mixture a bit. If you didnt you will have yellow pipes, guarantee it. I had RUSH slip-ons and loved the sound, but I didnt get enough fuel to them soon enough and they yellowed at the slip joint. Just warning ya. Enjoy those new pipes!

No I did not add TFI just slip ons right now. Plan on adding a power comander and an Arlen Ness Big Sucker next month (if all goes as planned). Althougth I am still contemplatting the Harley Big sucker, I just like the way it looks.

Slapp I have somewhat the same setup. I went 2" on the pipes(Rush) the Arlen Ness big sucker but The TFI for the fueler. I am very pleased at the way things turned out.

Back