free website stats program Add a Siren to your Factory Security for $6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Add a Siren to your Factory Security for $6

Redfish-Joe

The part number is 273-0079, and was $5.49. The factory security module has a plug to allow connection to the HD siren. I just tinned the two leads from the siren, and inserted them into the first two slots shown on the plug in the photo. Then I taped it up with electrical tape to see if it worked.

It chirps when you turn off the main power switch to the bike (at the same time the lights flash to indicate the system is armed). It also then starts chirping a warning when the bike is moved (sounds a few times and then goes off full tilt).

Red wire from siren goes to the brown wire on the Harley plug, and the black wire from the siren goes to the green wire on the plug. I just used a soldering iron to tin the siren leads to give them body to insert into the Harley plug.

The Harley plug has 2 rows of pins, use the rows that do not have the metal visible when you are looking at the plug... look at it and you will see what I'm talking about. One row is connected to the wires on the back of the plug and the other is not.

Once you get the wires inserted I then wrapped some electrical tape around the plug to keep the wires in place and re-inserted the plug back into the female receptacle on the chassis molding where it was originally stored. I drilled out the mounting holes on the siren to accommodate a wire tie(plastic zip tie) and secured it place where the OEM siren would go.

It chirps to warn you a couple of times and then goes off for about 20 seconds, then resets itself.

Attachments

• siren1.jpg
    siren1.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 469
  • siren2.jpg
    siren2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 433
Excellent post Joe! I have 2 of the listed Radio Shack sirens on my Electra Glide, and they are plenty loud (and very irritating). I also "tinned" the ends and slipped them into the connector and taped the wires. Factory type connectors are available for cheap many places, but I don't see the need for them.

Ya Joe I have the factory fob. Has to be within 8 feet or lights flash when i move the bike. Factory siren just too expensive for me. this sounds like could be a great inexpesive alternative.

Are they same as Heritage with security w/o siren?. Are they same wire color too?.

I hate to assume anything but I would guess that the security alarm wiring would be pretty much the same across the board. Maybe some one with a little more wiring knowledge can chime in.:D

Back