free website stats program Action Cameras in HD | Harley Davidson Forums

Action Cameras in HD

Knut Erik

I want to buy my self a Action Camera to mount on my Electra. Pictures fram my trips standing still is one thing but live video would be something quit different.:D
Considering these two; GoPro Hero HD and Contour HD.
Have some of you tried these ones or some other HD Action Cameras on your Harleys?

A friend of mine has the GoPro for his mountainbike trips, he's bragging about it a lot. And indeed, the results look great :)

I have the SD version of the GoPro Hero. I will soon be buying the HD version.

Something you have to know about the GoPro cameras. There is no way to view the picture or video while you are taking the shots or even afterwards on camera. It has no screen for viewing at all. The camera must be hooked up to a TV or computer for picture or video viewing and saving of files. The audio is weak at best. The advantages the GoPro Hero has over more expensive HD camcorders are;
1: a very wide angle lens.
2: underwater (or rain and snow) protection
3: compact size and mounting system
4: cheap cost relative to other HD cameras with UW capabilities.

The disadvantages of the GoPro are;
1: no screen
2: no zoom
3: no manual controls
4: poor audio
5: awkward hand held due to it's blind point and shoot system
6: SD card recording only (no hard drive or tape)

That said I think the GoPro is a good second camera for use in very specialized circumstances. If I were to buy just 1 camera it wouldn't be a GoPro.

I do not use either of those,But i have a Kodak Easyshare 1003 & a Kodak Easyshare M381 the 1st is an Ebay find less than $100 I think. Picked up the other @ Walmart $160. I just use a ram mount set the angle reach over start recording, works great and cheap, with 10 mp and 12 mp hd on both.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you guys use to get rid of wind noise, or are you just inserting your own music tracks with software?

I've heard you have to use some sort of foam over the mic since you can't filter all the wind noise with software without loosing some of the sound you want to keep.

if i can figure how to post video on here, I have both with aidio added and with wind and bike sound

What do you guys use to get rid of wind noise, or are you just inserting your own music tracks with software?

I've heard you have to use some sort of foam over the mic since you can't filter all the wind noise with software without loosing some of the sound you want to keep.

This is supposed to eliminate the interference from the wind on my Scala system and it does not work as advertised.

I use a Kodak p&S with hd video on mine .. with AA batterys does excelllent vids still trying to work on sound i just usually add music

it would be better if you looked up my videos on face book.i have music added to some of them

Last edited by a moderator:
Back