free website stats program acting wierd after startup | Harley Davidson Forums

acting wierd after startup

scionracer

ok ill try and describe this the best i can went out jumped on bike right after I got off it was hot out 100+ bike was sitting out all day in the sun, start up went down road about 20 ft and then stumble in the throttle like it wasnt getting fuel took a a couple more feet before could get any throttle to bike to move on down the road, any ideas maybe should have let it warm up more

Pinhole in the fuel line inside the fuel tank, from rubbing on the inside of the tank. Definitively diagnosed by fuel pressure to the injectors.

Leading up to the stuttering, you can expect the machine to be a bit on the hard-starting side. It should fire right up. If you have to spin it for a while before it catches, the pinhole is probably what you have. Also, listen for a bit of a hissing sound, coming from the tank.

Enjoy,
Rich P

but I am not too concerned.

I would be. It's giving you a "Heads Up" or warning before it actually fails and leaves you stranded in the middle of nowhere or worse yet an engine stall out when pulling into traffic.

Hey thanx to all, have checked for air leaks, none, no codes pop, so going to ride on, and just try and let her warm up a little before bolting, talked to a harley mechanic at local HD and that was his suggestion so will see if it happens again thanx all

Back