free website stats program accessories for 2008 fatbob | Harley Davidson Forums

accessories for 2008 fatbob

fatbob813

Does anybody have any ideas on what accessories are available.Or will parts work from other dynas like streetbob.Nobody around me can give me a straight answer.

The main Harley site has a pretty large selection of genuine Harley accessories specifically for the Fat Bob. There's a neat feature where you can see what the bike looks like with (some) of their accessories. Or are you looking for aftermarket items?

I saw Harley did come out with more stuff for 09,but ive been looking for a side mount license plate holder and things like led tail lights turn signals.

I also have purchased an 08 FatBob. Have you gone ahead with a Stage One one on her?
If so, and if your pleased, can you tell me what you went with. Air Cleaner, Slipons, and did you also purchase a TFI. I've read alot on this site but I haven't heard from a FatBob owner who has taken it to a Stage one.

I also have purchased an 08 FatBob. Have you gone ahead with a Stage One one on her?
If so, and if your pleased, can you tell me what you went with. Air Cleaner, Slipons, and did you also purchase a TFI. I've read alot on this site but I haven't heard from a FatBob owner who has taken it to a Stage one.
Added the Khrome Werks slip-ons. They look just like stock pipes but sound unbelievable. Did not add the stage one yet. I didn't have to remap when just adding the mufflers. Bike runs great. I'll bet adding the stage 1 will make it run even better but will have to re-map at that point. Don't feel like spending the dough at this time. Runs good enough for now.

I have read, on this site and others that just adding slip-ons messes with the fuel. I was under the impression that you have to add an air filter and have the fuel remapped to except this lean or rich change. I'm I wrong on this?

That's what I"ve read on this site. Thanks for clearing that up. Glider has been kind enough to tell me what I would need for a COMPLETE stage one. K&N air clearer, slip-ons and a TFI for fuel. I've read were I can get the download from Harley and just go with the pipes. But I'm I right in assuming I need to cool it down with the air clearner?
I'm back into riding after 30 years. This forum has been a wealth of info. I'm very appreciative of all your answers.

Back