free website stats program ABS Upgrade | Harley Davidson Forums

ABS Upgrade

walleye

Contributor
Sorry, my search abilities are failing again. I do not want to beat a dead horse, but I wanted to share my experience concerning this upgrade. I know there was a thread but the search I did does not find it. Anyway, I have a 09 Ultra with ABS. It was made in October 08. It did qualify for the upgrade.
(2010 already has it.)I can say there is a noticable difference. Prior to the upgrade I was happy but did notice that when I went over any rough terrain such as RR tracks, the front ABS would activate sooner than I thought needed. The rear maybe did too but I rarely use the rear so I am not sure. After the upgrade it is much better. In fact I can actually, just for a moment, lock up the brakes. I recommend the upgrade and it is free. Again, sorry for the reapeat thread but I wanted to be sure other owners know about it and was wondering who else has done this and if they are happy as well. Not looking for a ABS debate just sharing the upgrade is real and available. :s

The upgrade is for ABS brakes prior to mid 09 models. Some 09 models, mostly very early models are eligible. Sometime in 09 they started using the upgrade. Basically it is an improvement on the way the ABS activates. All 2010 models have it. My bike was manufactured in October of 08 and qualified. There is no charge and takes about 30 minutes total. If you have an 09 with ABS, check it out. It is worth the time IMO.:D

OOPS! TL Mitchell beat me too it and with a much better reply. I was too slow typing!

Last edited:
Make sure you reaad the fine print in the service bulletin, besides what one would call routine recalibration you you may have skipped over this sentence...

"-- It also permits reuse of the Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU) if Electrical Control Unit (ECU) replacement is required."

I would say this is very important, more so that the minor "tweek" it talks about fixing. :D

Back