free website stats program ABS Question | Harley Davidson Forums

ABS Question

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
I was just killing some time looking at 2009 Touring HD's for sale on Ebay (trying to find that $5000 Ultra being dumped as part of a nasty divorce!) and I came across an interesting question/response. Guy selling a 2009 Ultra and someone asked if the bike had ABS. His response was that he intentionally did not want ABS because it took up too much room in the saddlebags.

Is there some type of valve or module that resides in the saddlebags and is part of the ABS system? I really am confused since the saddlebags are removeable this doesn't sound right at all.

actually my abs on my 08 is in the right side frame cover where the computer used to be

I saw a pre-08 Ex-Police bike at a dealer here and it had the ABS that took up half the right side saddle bag. The sales guy there said that ABS is nothing new for H-D, the Cops have had it for quite awhile.

Thanks for all the replies. This guy was selling a 2009 Ultra and claiming ABS took up too much saddlebag space so he was obviously thinking about older models or police bikes and assuming it applied to his new ride.

Guy selling a 2009 Ultra and someone asked if the bike had ABS. His response was that he intentionally did not want ABS because it took up too much room in the saddlebags.

And this guy is the seller? Obviously the Salesperson didn't do a good job explaining the 2009 Ultra features. Heck, maybe he would of purchased an ABS equipped one and kept this bike if he'd known the ABS module wasn't located in the saddlebag. Talking about uninformed before purchasing.

And this guy is the seller? Obviously the Salesperson didn't do a good job explaining the 2009 Ultra features. Heck, maybe he would of purchased an ABS equipped one and kept this bike if he'd known the ABS module wasn't located in the saddlebag. Talking about uninformed before purchasing.

Precisely what I was thinking. It's amazing some of the stories and explanations you'll see on Ebay. There's a 2009 Ultra on there right now that a wife bought her husband for a birthday present, and he doesn't think he'll find the time to ride it so they're selling it. Excuse me.....who buys a $25000 bike as a surprise without knowing it'll be kept? Noone in my income bracket, that's for sure!

Precisely what I was thinking. It's amazing some of the stories and explanations you'll see on Ebay. There's a 2009 Ultra on there right now that a wife bought her husband for a birthday present, and he doesn't think he'll find the time to ride it so they're selling it. Excuse me.....who buys a $25000 bike as a surprise without knowing it'll be kept? Noone in my income bracket, that's for sure!

Could be he is afraid of riding, or he cant control the bike. But ya, must be in the higher tax bracket lol

Back