free website stats program A Penny saved is a good penny | Harley Davidson Forums

A Penny saved is a good penny

ImaRider

On my ride this morning I made the mistake of turning onto a 2.6 mile gravel road. When I finally got home I saw the mess the road had made on my chrome rims. Being in a hurry and not thinking the process out I began to clean the rims with a micro cloth and cleaner. It didn't take but a second for those hot pipes to latch onto that cloth. Realizing what I had done I went inside and let the bike cool down.
when I came back out I grabbed a magic eraser and took a swipe with it on the pipes, It didn't touch the mess. Then I took a penny and held it flat to the pipes and ran it over the mess. It cleaned the pipes right up without a scratch. All I had left was a dry dust residue. No expensive cleaners or anything special to clean up any burnt on residue on the pipes. Keep a penny in your bag for those special moments.

That is a great tip! I'll have to remember that one. I can tell by the number of your posts that you weren't aware of the micro fiber damage on a hot parts ( engine, pipes, whatever). Someone else made that mistake a while back and posted it and I'm glad they did because I remembered how they said that the two don't mix! :(
Really glad you got it off and shared your solution with us! :worthy:worthy

I'm glad you fixed your problem, but there is no way I would ever rub a penny on my chrome.
I dare anyone to go try this! Someone please go rub a penny on their chrome and take a video and post it! PLEASE!:newsmile040:

I'm glad you fixed your problem, but there is no way I would ever rub a penny on my chrome.
I dare anyone to go try this! Someone please go rub a penny on their chrome and take a video and post it! PLEASE!:newsmile040:

I'm with you on that one. If you rub metal on metal, something is going to get scratched.

I heard a nickel works five times faster!:s

Using your logic, I tried a dollar bill cause I was in a real big hurry, but that didn't work at all :(
But a hundred dollar bill works great. Give me the 100 bucks and I'll come over and polish your chrome :D
Hey, I got to pay for this new bike somehow :s

Back