free website stats program A Happy Sad Day | Harley Davidson Forums

A Happy Sad Day

Joyflyin

Experienced Member
Staff member
I had a happy sad day last night, my deuce was sold. I was happy to see it go to someone who will love it as much as I did. Though it was sad to hear it taking off down the driveway and it was weird to see someone else riding it, I am glad to see it go. Now I can fully enjoy the road king and not feel bad about buying things for it! :D

Honey is home now and we have been even busier than when I was trying to keep everything going here by myself. But, we have started the clean up, met with the realtor and he hopes to have the house on the market by the first of June. Looking forward to life setting down again.

It's been scary but exciting, I hate the idea of leaving this area because we are blessed with great neighbors all the way around. I doubt if we will ever get 6 great neighbors around us again. When the neighbors ask if we are moving, one day it's yes, then next is I want to stay. They don't want us to move either, which makes it even tougher. Besides, once we fix this place up, I will want to enjoy it myself!

Well Joy now you will have a new house and the new RK. It's kinda like a new era of your life. Glad the Deluxe got a good owner.

Joy, it must have been meant to be, Good Luck with the new chapter in your life, I know how starting over can be:s

the good part of this Joy is your deuce was sold up north so you don't have to see someone else with it at your new homestead. i did that once sold something i loved to a guy down the street...saw him everyday with my convertible and it bothered me. i hope you sold the snowblower :D

Tank, that is exactly what I was thinking! And I forgot to mention, this was the best part and the part that made me know it was just right, guess what the guy's wife's name was? That's right, her name was Joy! Even though he bought the bike for himself, she was eyeing it and oogling over how pretty it was. :D My do I have a list of stuff I want to buy now. :s I told hubby the only reason I haven't dolled up the king is that I hadn't fully let go of the deuce, but now I have, so it is now my duty to help the economy. :p

Just a wee thought if you are going to spend a few pennies on the king it may be worth waiting till you have moved and it will give you a good reason to check out your local dealers
Having previously had a complete change of life with a move from the south coast to the north coast you do need to plan well and get organised so that everything goes smoothly
However with the British army we had moved 13 times so got pretty good at it in the end
Take care and enjoy everything as it happens

Brian

Some years ago I sold my FXST to a friend, watching him ride off on it was kind of like seeing your girlfriend leave a party with someone else....but then I did have a new bike in the garage..

Always a sad feeling to let one of your pride/joy vehicles drive off, but I always feel better knowing they went to a good home & made another rider/owner happy. Congrats on the sale & good luck w/the home sale. Lots of work maintaining two households, but nice when you can settle-in the new digs & relax.

Can't add much Joy. I'm sure watching your bike leave has to be hard, even with a new one ready to ride. I'm sure your neighbors will be sad when the day come that you move, but there are a lot of us dowm here in the Sunshine State looking forward to being your new neighbors. Now go out and tickel the economy! Don

Back