free website stats program A few things | Harley Davidson Forums

A few things

walleye

Contributor
#1: Got my first decent ride in with my new Aileron grips. Rode 120 miles today and love the feel and fit. No regrets at all.

#2: On the way home, while merging onto the Interstate, I rolled around a cage that refused to move over and allow me to merge, even though there was no traffic. To no surprise it was a young girl on the cell phone with no idea what she is doing yet alone where she is at. Anyway, I stayed on it and since there was no traffic I continued to roll to put some distance between me and miss muffet. This was the first time with my new front tire (D408) and I took it to 110 mph. There was still more, not sure how much but I did it all in 6th gear. It gets to 105 fairly easy, but from 105 to 110 it was not as quick. No Matter, I will never go that fast again but had to see one time. :)

#3: Althopugh I do not promote drinking and driving, I planned to stop at a local MC pub to have a ice cold soda. It is out in the stix so to speak and my prior stops there were uneventful and freindly. I stopped my Ultra in out front on the gravel lot, got off and shut down my ipod, removed one glove and my HD stocking cap. About then I heard what I thought was a party going on. I reached for the enterance door, and I might have pulled 3-4 inches when suddenly it flew open. Out came a guy, around 45 yrs old and lets just say he was not happy at all. There were words exchanged between him and a woman :newsmile092: I cant repeat here. He went to the side door trying to get in and was looking for her and another guy to jack up. :newsmile108: I climbed back on my ride, installed ipod, HD head warmer and glove, and left. All withoput saying a word or removing the sunglasses or other glove. Glad I was not 3 seconds ealier! :sd

I just changed my grips this week, went from Kury Iso grip to Aileron's. I love these grips, I think the ISO's are just a bit too big around.
Glad to hear your ride was good, even with the events you encountered.

ah yes, they look pretty cool, but pricey though. I do want to switch grips cuz the ones on my bike are kind of square in shape, dont feel natural.

All I can tell you is that the Aileron grips are one mod I did that without thinking of them still finds me noticing the difference they make. Very comfortable. Noticably so while riding. I am glad I put them on.:s

I climbed back on my ride, installed ipod, HD head warmer and glove, and left. All withoput saying a word or removing the sunglasses or other glove. Glad I was not 3 seconds ealier! :sd

I think you made a wise decision :) Why have a great day ruined by someone else's problems.

Glad you like your new grips and had a great ride :)

Back