free website stats program A Family thing ! | Harley Davidson Forums

A Family thing !

cowjammer

I've been teaching my oldest Daughter to ride. I have a 2006 883c and we've been in the confines of an 5acre parking lot for the past couple months.
Due to Her effort and actually listening to what I've been telling her she has Graduated to her first road trip ! I could tell the last couple of times out it was time to hit the pavement but living in the city it was a process to get the bike out of town where she could start out safely and slowly. But after riding it myself 20 miles or so out to a Bro's where he barned it for us we headed out at 4 am Sat morning. We two upped to his place and after she did the Ole pre trip inspection off we road. At the half way point {about 12 miles} there's an open field where we ran across a fellow brother who was enjoying the sun rise with a smoke. When we kicked down and dismounted I asked what she thought and her reply was " I cant quit GRINNING!!" I tried to quit but every time we went a little faster I just started Grinning again!
The gentleman on the Shadow just started laughing and we both knew exactly how she felt ! WE took some pics and we got Luise to snap a couple for us and we returned the fav, Then exchanged emails and split !
Luise and I both let my daughter know that that's what its all about.
Complete strangers with a common bond . Just thought I'd share this with more strangers with a common bond ! THX ........

Well I was supposed to sell the sporty to help finance the Electra Glide I just bought.
But with the way the economy is going I've had little success unless I give it away!
Cant I just loan it to her ???

I just got off the phone with her about this ! I wanna see the pics too. Hopefully tonight she'll come by.....So what ya'll think do I gotta give her the scooter or loan it to her to ride ?

I just got off the phone with her about this ! I wanna see the pics too. Hopefully tonight she'll come by.....So what ya'll think do I gotta give her the scooter or loan it to her to ride ?
It's an amazing thing to be able to ride with my dad. I can't tell you how much the common bond of motorcycling has done for my relationship with him. Enjoy your riding time together!!

PS- give her the bike! :)

Give her the bike with the stipulation that if she ever deliberately does anything on it that could but her life in danger you'll take it back. I hope the two of you have many years of riding together. Have fun and be safe.

I have a 12 year old son just starting out on a dirt bike. I can't wait till the day I can give him my sportster.

I have a 12 year old son just starting out on a dirt bike. I can't wait till the day I can give him my sportster.

AW the dirt bikes, And they say Street bikes are dangerous ! Some of the things we did on those things was just plain wrong. We made NO SNOW SNOW SKI's..... Took two old leaf springs upside down and welded handle bars on em. Pulled by an old Honda 350 down the dirt roads. The flying rocks shoulda killed us !

Hey CJ...I like the way your creative mind thinks...all I can say is, I am surprised at how many crazy things I did on two wheels...worst thing was catching the foam cushion seat we were using on fire, due to spillage from the fuel tank we hastilly strapped on to an old mini bike...not good but it was fun and as engine mechanics go, it ran like stink, the bicycle front brake however didn't...! :small3d007:

Back