free website stats program A clean machine | Harley Davidson Forums

A clean machine

mc2

Contributor
This sort of fits into the recent cleaning post, but for all the pain I went through, I had to let this post alone.

Arthritis flairs through my hands, but the Fat Boy looks better for it. As long as the bike was down for rear fender repair, (because of a silly accident in a garage) and I had time on my nimble hands, I went wild with a clean-up like never before.

When's the las time you cleaned and polished the inside of your taillight, and changed the dielectric grease, too? Plugs at the front of the oil filter seeped, as did oil cooler hoses--took care of those leakers, too. From front to rear, no part was left untouched.

Norvegian Oil soaked the saddle bags, cheap furniture polish cleaned the paint on the engine, Turtle Wax laid out a shine, (Q-tips got into where my finger and rags couldn't) and Mother's polish brought luster to the aluminum. With 85,000 miles, it runs as good as it looks. Those I ride for would be impressed.
At the Sturgis Rally, I'll be signing books again, inside the Black Hills Harley Davidson store. Stop by and say hi, check out my story.

Ride safe, enjoy the spirit of freedom & Never Forget
6gear
www.harleytracks.com 1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG

Nice job, I like a clean ride also. Arthritis is getting pretty bad in my thumbs. I really feel it after a good cleaning.

Back