free website stats program 98 Road King starting problem | Harley Davidson Forums

98 Road King starting problem

Lobo1

A friend of mine has a 98 Road King. Fuel injected, been sitting since July 2018. He says it won’t start and he doesn’t hear the fuel pump kick on when he turns the switch on. He isn’t mechanically inclined but I asked how much fuel is in the tank. 1/4 tank. I told him to listen for hissing sign inside the tank when switch is turned on. Check fuel pump fuse, make sure kill switch is in “on” position. He said he put stabil in the tank before he parked it. I told him he needs to check the plugs for possible gas fouling and check for spark at the plugs, I would like to check compression and fuel system for possible ethanol clogging. Fuel, air, fire',,,,,,, it should crank. He lives 65 miles from me and I am going to try to get over there this coming up weekend. I’m going to ask him to let me bring my trailer just in case it turns out to be more complicated and time consuming. I know there’s plenty of good folks on here with a lot more knowledge on Harley’s than me. Anyone have any suggestions or input, please chime in. Thanks in advance

Back