free website stats program 96 Heritage Softail extended brake lever | Harley Davidson Forums

96 Heritage Softail extended brake lever

johnny332

I just bought a 96 Heritage Softatail and started to ride. I have found one very annoying problem. The brake pedal sits right on top of the floorboard and is really a pain to apply the brake. Who's the moron who designed this thing?? Anyway, I'm looking at all the extended brake levers to remedy this situation. I don't want to buy one and find out it isn't far enough forward. Surprisingly most manufacturers don't give you pictures or measurements as to how far past stock these things go. Anyone have measurements on Kuryakyn extended brake levers or any others and maybe before and after photos. These would be really helpful.

I got the one from Harley and it worked well. It put the pedal at the front edge of the board.

77.jpg

Thanks HDDon!! I'll probably go with Walters. They look like they will work great. I was trying to save money by going with something cheaper but why risk it, just fork over the dough and get the good stuff!!

Back