free website stats program 96 and 103 ci | Harley Davidson Forums

96 and 103 ci

PaulWhite

I have heard somewhere that you can put a shorter piston in a 96 ci and bring it up to a 103 ci. is this true. or is there other things that need to be done. thanks

it may bring the cubic inches up but it would change the compression ratio to much less too and maybe that is not so good for performance.

a lower deck height ie shorter piston will just lower the compression it wont change the displacement at all, so all you will have is a very slow 96ci. best way to do it is the stage 2 103ci kit from SE. its a cheap nice build using stock heads.

A shorter piston does not change the the stroke or displacement. The same air compressed into an increasingly larger chamber only drops the compression. Decking the cylinders or heads would only bring you back to where you started. Unless you throw on a supercharger.

On the other hand, can you get a domed piston that will increase the compression and HP without dammage to the valves?

A shorter piston does not change the the stroke or displacement. The same air compressed into an increasingly larger chamber only drops the compression. Decking the cylinders or heads would only bring you back to where you started. Unless you throw on a supercharger.

On the other hand, can you get a domed piston that will increase the compression and HP without dammage to the valves?

Wiseco 10.5 to 1 pistons With the stock bore isn't a bad way to go.... You only have to re-Hone a Cross Hatch (check bore size tho) and BIG power boost at 96 inches...MOST will go with bigger and BIGGER and ,,,, You get the picture...

I have seen a few 88" bikes with cams and the high compression, BLOW the Socks OFF the 95" bikes with about the same mods.....88"ers got better Mileage to fuel ratios Also!.. It is IN the way they were PLANNED from the start to the finish... No hodge-podge tossed at them... Guess work better left to Others!

I like looking at Others "dyno charts" and their modified parts used to make HP and Torque that worked ,,, Pick the one I like then COPY what worked for them..

signed....BUBBIE

I have seen a few 88" bikes with cams and the high compression, BLOW the Socks OFF the 95" bikes with about the same mods.....88"ers got better Mileage to fuel ratios Also!.. It is IN the way they were PLANNED from the start to the finish... No hodge-podge tossed at them... Guess work better left to Others! signed....BUBBIE

Good info on the 88's Thanks!

Back