free website stats program 94fxlr-signals not working | Harley Davidson Forums

94fxlr-signals not working

MANNYFXLR

I have a 1994 FXLR that i just pulled out of the garage for the wife to ride. The bike has been sitting for 2 years. My wife just got her license so she is bugging me to get it done but still cant figure out this problem! Both right and left signals are not working, front or rear. tried jumping the bike with cables cause it had a dead battery. dont know if i cooked something by doing that or what but i know they were working when the bike was put away. Got a new battery and it fired right up. Any help would be gladly appreciated...

Start with the easy stuff, a thourogh visual inspection, turn the ignition on and wiggle everything you can get your hands on, check all fuses, breakers, and connections. disconnect anything you can(one at a time of course) clean and retighten all connections, and dont forget the flasher. that should keep you busy for awhile.

It's possible you cooked the turn signal module. Basic troubleshooting is the way to start. Check your voltages. It could be something as simple as a bad connection. Did you ground the positive of the battery you were jumping from? The TS module is very sensitive to reversed voltage.

OK, Thanks guys! I checked all connections, cleaned and re tightened.. Lots of wiggling and still nothing! I don't see any fuses just 6 small square boxes that look like relays to me. I guess i could have touched the pos to the frame or something when i tried to jump the bike, its pretty tight in that battery compartment so its possible. Don't know what the TS module or the flasher look like or where they are located.

Bad advice now. But, jumping a bike off a running cage is probably not the best idea. A new battery or one that has been charged fully is a sound practice.

Thanks Bodeen, it will be for now on. Was searching in some older posts and found a schematic, not the one for my bike but i found out that the boxes that i thought were relays are in fact fuses. So if i can find out witch ones are for the signals i can eliminate them to. There are six of them so does anyone know witch ones are the right ones or maybe what color wires i can look for?

If I'm not mistaken you will be wanting to find the circuit with blue wires on it. blue=lighting
orange=acc
grey= ignition
and I dont remember the other one right off the top of my head, maybe someone else could verify this for him as I am not 100% sure anyhow

Back