free website stats program 94 Fatboy Carb & Fuel lines | Harley Davidson Forums

94 Fatboy Carb & Fuel lines

bayxter

I took apart my 94 Fatboy before winter and I almost have it back together. I took a lot of pictures and I have the service and parts manuals, but there are two things I am not sure of.

#1 There is a thin tube attached to hte bottom of the carb that is labeled as "overflow" which I assume just hangs there, but I'm not exactly sure where. I want to make sure it is in the right spot so it doesn't melt, but I have no record of where it used to be.

#2 The top of each half of my split tank has a tube connector on it. I have accounted for all of the connections excent for these two. I assume a line just connects between them to allow the fuel to level, but I am not positive and just want to be sure.

Any help on either of these would be appreciated.

Mike

The overflow routes down with some other tubes to an area in front of the rear tire (of all places)

The crossover tube you mention is just as you thought to equalize the two tanks.

not around the back cylinder, straight down, and exits between the motor and trans. directed at the ground. The amount of overflow is very minimal, so it won't affect your back tire.

Back