free website stats program 94 Evo with Screaming Eagle heads Tick | Harley Davidson Forums

94 Evo with Screaming Eagle heads Tick

ygrowup

Had someone tell me its normal for S.E heads to "tick". To me it sounds like the valves need adjustment. Anybody know anything about S.E. heads on a 80 cube 1994 Evo motor?

Not sure about the adjustable push rods. I just bought the bike and it had a bunch of new S.E parts installed about 2500 miles ago. I'll have to look at the list of parts and get back to you..... Kind of new to this, If it was a 455 CI Buick V-8 I could do it in my sleep but not sure on a V-Twin 80 CI.
Any and all help will be appreciated.

If u have adjustable pushrods allow time for the tappets to bleed down when u make your adjustments try to find out what brand pushrods u have and follow the manufacture instructions

I had a small exhaust leak on the front pipe when I did my roller chain conversion. I thought it was the lifters. Finally pulled both pipes and replaced the HD crush gasket with some new style Cometic gaskets. That did it.

TQ

Well guys, yes it does have adjustable pushrods. Anybody know where I can study up on adjusting them? Maybe even a video?

Thanks

Looney

Back